Summer is just around the corner, and with summer comes getaways to Maine’s Midcoast. We’ll let you in on a little secret though…May and June are the perfect times to visit Maine’s Midcoast. Come before the in-season prices and the crowds kick in. The lobster is still as succulent and the warm late-spring days offer plenty of sunshine too.
We’ll let you in on another secret. The four Historic Inns of Rockland are the perfect choice for affordable luxury when you visit Maine’s Midcoast. With gourmet breakfasts included, free wi-fi, free parking and wonderful afternoon refreshments, the Historic Inns of Rockland offer everything you’d find at a Midcoast Maine hotel or resort for a fraction of the price.
Best of all, the Historic Inns of Rockland have created three fabulous packages which bundle all the flavors, adventures and culture of Maine’s Midcoast into exciting itineraries. Foodies, art and adventure lovers will enjoy the treasures of the Rockland Camden region packaged with incredible savings and exclusive opportunities for Historic Inns of Rockland guests. Each is a three day/night package including distinctive accommodations, hand crafted breakfasts each morning and a collection of exclusive offers, tours and opportunities worth more than $250 for Historic Inns of Rockland guests.
Today, we’ll start by describing the Savor the Flavors package offering foodies the chance to taste their way through a sumptuous getaway to the Rockland Camden region.
Savor the Flavors of Midcoast Maine – Mid-May through mid-October, 2012
Offering award winning restaurants, specialty food producers and a bourgeoning wine region, Midcoast Maine’s culinary adventure abounds, so Historic Inns of Rockland have packaged the best of the foodie elements into one fantastic package. Culinary explorers, foodies and those who love to explore local foods will enjoy this fun-filled itinerary to explore and savor the flavors of Midcoast Maine accompanied by the finest accommodations from the four Historic Inns of Rockland.
The Savor the Flavors package includes:
- Three nights accommodations for two on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday at your choice of four Historic Inns of Rockland, May 13-October 3, 2012, including a sumptuous breakfast for 2 each day.
- An exclusive garden tour of renowned Primo Restaurant, a pioneer in Farm to Table philosophy and An autographed copy of Mediterranean Women Stay Slim Too by Melissa Kelly, owner of Primo Restaurant.
- A $50 Midcoast Money voucher to enjoy dinner at Primo Restaurant (advance reservation required), in the Primo Tavern, or at your choice of a wide range of other fine restaurants in the Rockland/Camden area.
- A self-guided tour and map of the specialty food purveyors in Midcoast, Maine with tastings and samples provided exclusively to Historic Inns of Rockland’s guests.
- Two tickets to the well-loved Nap-Ah guided Wine Tour provided by All Aboard Trolley, visiting three Midcoast Maine wineries (Sweetgrass Winery, Savage Oakes Winery and Cellardoor Winery) for tastings and tours plus an exclusive tour and tasting at Breakwater Vineyards for Historic Inns of Rockland’s guests.
- A special tasting at Fiore’s Olive Oils and Balsamic Vinegars on Main Street in Rockland, sampling a 10-year-old, 15-year-old and 135-year-old Balsamic vinegar, while learning cooking tips and recipes, history and health benefits of olive oils and vinegars.
- A gift bag with an signature Historic Inns of Rockland apron and a special collection of value offers for savings exclusive to Historic Inns of Rockland guests from Rockland and Camden area restaurants (offering free apps, desserts or special offers), stores (offering discounts), spas (offering discounts) and attractions (offering discounted or half price tickets). The value collection represents more than $250 in savings.
All this starting at $520 per couple (plus ME tax). Price will vary by date and room selection. (Holidays and festival weeks are not available).
For more information on the Historic Inns of Rockland and the other “Savor” packages, visit www.HistoricInnsofRockland.com or call 877-ROC-INNS (877-762-4667).