The Historic Inns of Rockland have created three themed lodging packages into one series geared toward savoring the very best of Midcoast Maine. From culinary exploration captured in the Savor the Flavors package (link to blog entry on Savor Flavors) to exploring adventure on Maine’s Midcoast (link to adventure package) the four premier Historic Inns of Rockland add a third package to help guests discover the arts on Maine’s Midcoast. The Savor the Arts of Maine’s Midcoast package combines lighthouse, museum and gallery tours, photos from local artists and dinner on the town with luxury accommodations from the four Historic Inns of Rockland including Captain Lindsey House, Granite Inn, Berry Manor Inn, and LimeRock Inn.
Like the other “Savor Packages” this three-day/night itinerary offers three days at signature museums and three nights relaxing at your choice of the four Historic Inns of Rockland. Add in lighthouse and gallery tours, great restaurants, gifts from local photographers and a collection of offers valued at more than $200, and you’ve got one perfect package for exploring the arts in Maine’s Midcoast.
The Savor the Arts In-Season package includes:
- Three nights at your choice of one of four Historic Inns of Rockland. Choose to stay at LimeRock Inn, Berry Manor Inn, Granite Inn or Captain Lindsey House.
- A hearty and beautifully presented breakfast for two each morning.
- Two tickets to each of the following museums: Farnsworth Art Museum and Wyeth Center and Olsen House, Maine Lighthouse Museum, Owl’s Head Transportation Museum, General Henry Knox Museum
- A self-guided itinerary and map of Knox County Lighthouses to enjoy at your own pace.
- A self-guided tour of Rockland galleries and gallery map
- A Maine Wine Guild map to explore Midcoast wineries
- A $50 Midcoast Money voucher to enjoy dinner at your choice of Rockland-Camden area restaurants
- Two matted photos suitable for framing of quintessential Midcoast Maine scenes offered by local innkeepers/photographers.
- A special bag with an signature Historic Inns of Rockland gift and a collection of value offers for savings exclusive to Historic Inns of Rockland guests from Rockland and Camden area restaurants (offering free apps, desserts or special offers), stores (offering discounts), spas (offering discounts) and attractions (offering discounted or half price tickets). The value collection represents more than $250 in savings.
All this starting at $495 per couple (plus ME tax) from Mid-May – Mid-October, 2012. The price will vary by date and room selection. (Holidays and festival weeks are not available).
This arts-filled package also offers some optional choices offered to Historic Inns of Rockland’s guests. These are not included in the package price but have been made available at an additional cost exclusively to Historic Inns of Rockland guests.
- Discounted tickets to Everyman Repertory Theatre
- Discounted tickets to Penobscot Marine Museum
- Discounted tickets to the Maine Botanical Gardens
- Discounted tickets to Bay Chamber concerts.
At the end of a long, culture-filled day, return to your choice of the four Historic Inns of Rockland, all located within an easy stroll of downtown Rockland. The Berry Manor Inn, Granite Inn, Captain Lindsey House and LimeRock Inn all offer the ideal place to relax and rejuvenate after a day outdoors in comfortable beds with welcoming innkeepers. Then start anew the next morning with a sumptuous hand-crafted breakfast for two ideal for fueling the next adventure.
If you’re looking for a package combining arts and culture with a wonderful coastal Maine getaway, this one’s for you. For more information on the Savor the Arts of Midcoast Maine package and the other “Savor” packages offered to help guests discover the true treasures of the Rockand-Camden area, visit www.historicinnsofrockland.com or call 877-ROC-INNS (1-877-762-4667).