Available July 8 -August 26 and September 8 – September 29, 2013
Culinary travelers, foodies and those who love to explore local foods will enjoy this food-filled itinerary to discover and savor the flavors of Midcoast Maine accompanied by the finest accommodations from the four Historic Inns of Rockland.
The Historic Inns of Rockland offer this exciting package starting July 8th, 2013. Get ready for a long list of inclusions because this is one hearty lodging package guaranteed to find the way to your mate’s heart through his or her stomach. With so much happening in the Rockland and Camden culinary scene, the Historic Inns of Rockland have packed a three day/night package with locally sourced foods and exclusive tours and tastings topped off with accommodations at award winning LimeRock Inn, Captain Lindsey House, Granite Inn and Berry Manor Inn. You’ll need all three days and nights to explore all that’s offered in the Midcoast food scene.
The package is offered Sunday through Tuesday, with scheduled features and self-guided fun on the agenda for three days and nights. The Savor the Flavor package includes:
- Three nights’ accommodations for two on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday at your choice of four Historic Inns of Rockland, July 8 -August 26 and September 8 – September 29, 2013.
- A hearty breakfast each morning featuring as many locally-sourced features as possible.
- An exclusive garden tour of renowned Primo Restaurant, a pioneer in Farm to Table philosophy (September only).
- A $50 Midcoast Money voucher to enjoy dinner at Primo Restaurant (advance reservation required), in the Primo Tavern, or at a wide range of other fine restaurants in the Rockland/Camden area.
- A self-guided tour and map of the specialty food purveyors in Midcoast, Maine with tastings and samples provided exclusively to Historic Inns of Rockland’s guests.
- Two tickets to the well-loved Nap-Ah guided Wine Tour provided by All Aboard Trolley, visiting three Midcoast Maine wineries (Sweetgrass Winery, Savage Oakes Winery and Cellardoor Winery) for tastings and tours via a comfortable motorcoach.
- An autographed copy of Mediterranean Women Stay Slim, Too by Melissa Kelly, owner of Primo Restaurant.
- A special tasting at Fiore’s Olive Oils and Balsamic Vinegars on Main Street in Rockland, sampling a 12-year-old, 18-year-old and 25-year aged traditional Balsamic vinegars, while learning cooking tips and recipes, history and health benefits of olive oils and vinegars.
- Tour and discussion on cheese making at the State of Maine Cheese Company.
- A copy of the Historic Inns of Rockland signature cookbook Inn-Dulgences.
- A gift bag with a signature Historic Inns of Rockland apron and a special collection of value offers for savings exclusive to Historic Inns of Rockland guests from Rockland and Camden area restaurants (offering free apps, desserts or special offers), stores (offering discounts), spas (offering discounts) and attractions (offering discounted or half price tickets). The value collection represents more than $250 in savings. Please click here for a sample of the offerings.
All this starting at $645 per couple (plus ME tax). Price will vary by date and room selection. (Holidays and festival weeks are not available).
This package also offers some optional adventures offered to Historic Inns of Rockland’s guests. These are not included in the package price but have been made available at an additional cost exclusively to Historic Inns of Rockland guests.
- Have the camera ready. Take a tour of a working lobster pound and wharf at Ship to Shore, and then enjoy a real Maine lobster dinner served harborside overlooking a wonderful view of quintessentially Maine Owls Head Harbor ($25 per person).
* Specific policies for cancellations, advanced deposits, check in and check out times vary with individual inn. Package cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts.